Eventually we arrived, to Atlantis. He always spoke
Professor Rah, and I, vassal condescending and hypocritical, I listened with my smile indulgently. He said, Atlantis would be a good place for a holiday. Imagine white beaches, seagulls, seashells, palm trees, blue skies, warm winds, blazing sunsets teetering on the line of sight. And at night, beautiful women and available, with amber skin that reflects the light from the star lights.
If I close my eyes I can still see him, as she points with conviction the location of the sunken continent on the board of Risk.
As you move my forces to attack the Yakutia, the professor continued his evocation, dwell in the description of the women were now tall and blond with the dark skin of African, now with more teeth glistening and tender sides, now as the East, but with blue eyes, the elegant bearing, the full buttocks, the feet small, discreet. Even when the harsh reality of the armored vehicles took over on the board game and the battle raged in the four corners of the world, the magic of the continent of Atlantis was left floating in the hours of the night, to keep talking even after our little hobby had gone to the dogs.
A moment before he split his head with a lever of titanium, a professor dedicated to Atlantis last thought: its multi-colored women, its night lights. Poor bastard.
That's how I ended up in Atlantis and I stayed there for nearly two months while my body, helped by infernal machines, preparing the most cruel hoax. Bring me back. Tear to my paradise.
And now I finally understand the meaning of the words of the professor, his nostalgia for places that nobody has ever seen and no one else, besides me, will ever see. In my new awareness I can understand that feeling of emptiness bear the thought can never, ever see the shores of Atlantis regular, studying the rhythm of its tides, lost in the perpetual twilight of his horizons swept by the warm south wind. Professor Rah is an optimist, one of the brotherhood of the glass half full, one of the lucky ones because daring, but even his good luck will accompany him there ever since.
the hole that the professor has opened in my head came out for a while 'a lot of blood, mixed with a slurry of muddy brain cells and bone fragments. Then All of a sudden, they fled outside Meo Porcello and San Gabriel. And, despite the efforts of my doctor, who tries in vain to rificcarli six months in, are still with me, come and go come to my room, camping in the hospital corridors and sometimes stop to chat late into the night.
Meo Porcello The other night he asked me if it is true that once I had all my dinosaur, a dinosaur created in my image and likeness. We must pity: it is extinct too soon and has not had time to learn to distinguish the faults on the merits. And even if it brings impertinent questions, I'm sure he does it on purpose.
Meo Porcello I met a kid on a comic book of my uncle. Then he had influential friends: early adventures of his companion, Donald Duck, is now more famous than Jesus Christ and the Beatles put together. But I preferred Meo, his awkward appearance and gaunt, her belly trasbordante, his smile lopsided. Yes: I was one of the few who after watching carefully is that Donald Meo Meo came to choose, the extinct dinosaur, the loser, and, when I think about that now separate me from my childhood transitions two and two revivals, I realize how that choice has left a profound impression in my life, a groove where I would end up sooner or later collapse. Choose Meo and Donald was not my original sin. Like a dinosaur, Meo Porcello was too big and heavy for that world of ducks and mice, and was voted as a dinosaur extinction. And, again, as a dinosaur, he was surrounded by evanescent aura that shines for all those who destiny, at a given moment, choose to delete. A few million years of unchallenged rule, an era of strength and greatness, and then nothing, no future.
I wonder if I'll have the same fate.
some time sessions with the doctor have become monotonous. At first it was not like that, because under his leadership the fuzzy memories emerged from the primordial soup in my mind, stood out above the fog that envelops my thoughts to take off outside of my head, sharp and bright as the stars of Atlantis. The doctor was convinced that one day I would be brought back to health. Now, as I clearly see in his eyes, not more.
At two pm, every Wednesday, all four of us sit down at the table of my room, I, the doctor, Meo Porcello and San Gabriel, and the doctor asks me how are my views. He explained to me many times that Meo and San Gabriel are not real, images that are slipping out of the hole that Professor Rah opened me in the head. At first, I also believed, but now I look to my left and Meo smiles at me, happy for the mere fact of being born into the world, and I turned right and San Gabriel, after thinking it over, I reciprocates with his steady gaze and resolute. He never does anything without thinking first, every gesture, even the most trivial, seems to be driven by inner thoughts and indispensable.
do not know if San Gabriel has always had a commanding appearance and air of assurance which has now. In spite of the icons that show him in a long black robe, his face a perpetual smile made silly idiot, I always imagined it as I see it now: the serious expression, almost hostile, tall, thin, the sunken cheeks, eye safe and quiet as that of the warriors.
It is nice to have with me again San Gabriel, had not seen him since June 5, 1984, the night when I turned my last prayer to the creator.
Dear Creator of all things,
I do not belong to this world.
But I have fulfilled my task.
Now I want to go home.
I will return to the Triassic,
You do not know how many days I had intended,
But now I do not need more.
Take it Back.
The words I remember them very well, the wind took them back to Atlantis and I do not think that forget again.
soon as they are pronounced swallowed a whole bottle of barbiturates and predisposition me to my first death. Two more would follow.
______________________________________________________________________________________
0 comments:
Post a Comment